Monday, September 15, 2008

Quick Seattle Synopsis


Amazing sunset from my friends deck in West Seattle (Marine View), watching the Fauntleroy ferry crossing Puget Sound to Vashon. Their view totally rocks right?
- Sept 12 2008 -


My quickie trip to Seattle last weekend went well, all things considered. I saw a LOT of houses on Friday, I even made an offer on one of them!

I also met @mamikaze and several other friends on Friday night at Matador for dinner & drinks. We had a ball. I ate well, including lunch at an Alki restaurant called Cactus which was to DIE for.

I also didn't have to change a single diaper or attend to a picky/crabby toddler for almost 2 whole days & it re-energized me as a Mama. You think I'm kidding, but I'm NOT. I needed to recharge my Mama batteries so badly!

On Saturday, the sellers of the house countered my offer, but I chose to pass. And I'm totally okay with that b/c it turns out, I wasn't really all that excited about that particular house, not like I was when I bought my last house. And I should be excited I think. So, I'm back to square one in my house search, but I know it'll happen when it's meant to. Meanwhile, mom & dad's house is still for sale... so I still have a place to hang my hat, live my life, enjoy my daughter & the company of my friends.

That's all for now folks. I'll let ya know if anything new develops. Off to get the kiddo & then some groceries, etc. Her daddy is coming into town this weekend to visit her, so I need to stock the fridge. LOL.

3 comments:

Matt mmWine Horbund said...

Welcome home! It sounds like a good, fun, productive trip, even if you didn't end up getting the home.

I agree, you should be excited about where you live. Robin was super excited about this house, and she still is almost 4 years later.

You will find your oyster, and love it!

mamikaze said...

It was so awesome to meet you and your friends! Thank you for letting me tag along.

Matt - mmWine said...

Welcome home! It sounds like a good, fun, productive trip, even if you didn't end up getting the home.

I agree, you should be excited about where you live. Robin was super excited about this house, and she still is almost 4 years later.

You will find your oyster, and love it!