Friday, October 24, 2008

The Fat Lady is About to Sing

My House in Seattle

So wow, the proverbial "Fat Lady" is about to sing her face off!

Above is a photo of the house I bought in West Seattle. There were a few hiccups in the get-along certainly (i.e. the owner of the house died 1/2 way through escrow - she was 93 & the original owner of the house). But this morning, I had my bank wire the funds to the Title company, so after the last documents are signed & FedEx'ed this afternoon, we should close escrow as early as Monday.

I'll be posting more pictures over at my Flickr account -- especially the Before, During & After shots of the remodel that will begin hopefully sometime in November or early December. Won't be moving to Seattle however until the bulk of all that is done b/c frankly, who wants to live in all that dust if ya don't have to? So, we'll stay here in CA until the new house is ready. And if my parents house sells beforehand? I'll worry about what to do next then, and only then.

Somehow though, I suspect that everything will fall into place just perfectly. ;-)

3 comments:

shaunna said...

congratulations! It looks liek such a cute, home-y place! Can't wait to see what you do to it!

Anonymous said...

So, are you officially a home owner today?! ( Monday)

shaunna said...

congratulations! It looks liek such a cute, home-y place! Can't wait to see what you do to it!