Saturday, July 7, 2007

Doggie Heaven




Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. ~Roger Caras


I once saw a movie called "What Dreams May Come" w/ Robin Williams... it is a good movie, but I'm remembering it today b/c in it, dogs get to go to heaven.

I believe this is true. Dogs are truly some of the most special creatures I've ever know & I cannot imagine a heaven without them, nor a G-d that would create such amazing creatures to deny them a place in heaven. In fact, I think dogs are more likely to be given entry than WE are.

Today, my 12 year old coon hound Marley and my 11 year old heeler Tango went to heaven. I know G-d is stroking their soft, unmarred fur. I know they are rolling in endless fields of green grass.

I can't stop crying. I know it will get better, but I feel as though I failed them somehow. Their last months should have been better, happier, soft & comfy, on my bed, & in my life the way it used to be before we moved in this house. They should have been w/ their pack (me & Dex) instead of sequestered in a small room and the yard, separated from us. It wasn't fair. And I hate my dad for it.

But I got to be there w/ them today when they both went to sleep, side by side. Tango first, then Marley. And I will forever be haunted by this last memory of them, their heads drooping, and then lying lifeless on the floor. But I am glad I wasn't a coward, I'm glad I held them and petted them as they left this earth. And I also know they will be watching over me & Dex forever... w/ Frasier, Jasper, Brandy, and Teresa by their side.

I love you my little doggie doodles. I hope you can forgive me for these past 4 months. Rest in peace. I'll see you again someday, please don't forget me okay?


No comments: