Sunday, May 24, 2009

Memorial Day Wkd Thoughts

I'm all over the place. Busy as hell. Want to blog about it. Post pictures. Tell you funny little stories. Or, at least funny to me. But I have a few problems that are limiting my ability to get off my arse and do so.

A) I really am up to my eyeballs in house remodeling stuff... the good news on that front is that the house is really coming together & we'll actually be able to move in the 1st or 2nd week of June. Meanwhile, I'm just trying to stay sane living out of boxes & sleeping on linens that aren't mine (Ewwww).

B) There is nothing worse than slow a$ internet connections, wifi or otherwise. And let me tell you, the one here is S L O W . . . When it takes more than 5 minutes for any given page to load, if it loads at all, I'm usually long gone & on to other things. Like laundry. Sleeping. Running errands. Attending to my kid. Whatever. You get the idea. I'm a busy mom. I ain't got time for SLOW interwebs. No way, no day!

But I'm thinking about you. Really, I am. And my head is full o' useless ideas and information that you probably don't even care to hear about, but I just needed to say this all out loud b/c I feel so bloody impotent without being able to write, muse, and generally process here on this retarded blog. Or at the very least post some of the zillions of pictures from all the fun stuff I've been doing w/ Dex and our friends since we moved to Seatown in April.

So, I hope you're having a grand holiday weekend. Enjoying family time, eating BBQ, lazing in the sun, planting flowers in your garden...

Oh, and since I brought it up; try to remember what Memorial Day is really all about will ya? Go hug the widow or widower of a Veteran, or place some flowers on the grave of one you loved (thanks Dad, I love you).

War Dead

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damn slow interwebs!

Cheryl R. said...

I know, right?

stumbleback said...

Damn slow interwebs!