Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Don't leave me hangin'


Why the hell do I keep checking my iPhone for voice mails, emails, tweets or texts that never come?

It just makes me feel stupid & alone.

I love technology, but I'm starting to think it's keeping me from living my Real Life. It certainly has become a mechanism by which I hide from the Real-World-Out-There. But mostly, I'm so very tired of waiting for the people I love to "reach out and touch me"... [sigh]

Looking forward to my 4-day road trip next week w/ my old Corning friend Esther & the Dexy Girl. I need, need, need to get the hell out of Dodge.

That is all, please carry on with whatever you were doing out there in your real lives. But if you ever do have a few extra minutes, give me a call aye? Being home every night with my little one gets pretty damn lonely sometimes. Just sayin'.

3 comments:

Mrs. Flinger said...

YES YES YES. I like my real life. It's time to move along. I like the phone. It really brings it home, I think. Sitting around waiting for something that, even in the midst of "technology" will never come.

I'm ready, join me! :-)

Liv said...

oh, i love the iphone...but i am compulsive and checking and wondering where the world is. i wish we could get our baby girls together! darn you, left coaster!

liv said...

oh, i love the iphone...but i am compulsive and checking and wondering where the world is. i wish we could get our baby girls together! darn you, left coaster!