Photo by Asahel Curtis, c. 1923
It's official. Mom & Dads house is in escrow. We close in less than 30 days (approx Apr 1), and since my house in Seattle won't be done in time, we're going to have to rent, or squat, or something for at least a month - maybe two.
Wow wow wubzy! We're really leaving CA and we're really moving to the Pacific NW. I've only been waiting about a decade for this moment to happen, and now it's finally here. WTF?
- Yes, I'm actually kinda scared. What if I'm making a mistake? What if I fail?
- I'm also kinda freaking out about how I'll manage to get everything packed up & ready for our move in less than 4 weeks.
- I have NO idea where all our stuff will reside while we're "homeless"... Storage unit? Pod unit? Garage rental? Halp!
- I have a MILLION things to do before we go... doctors, lawyers, Goodwill donations, tearful goodbyes, bank accounts, address change notices, etc.
- Holy crap! Speaking of tearful goodbyes... I'm going to miss my friends & family SO much!