Saturday, May 31, 2008

Weirdness/Coolness

So, I was in a funk today. Duh.

I decided I'd better get out of the house or I wouldn't be able to get out of my head. My friends bought my little 1940's house last March, and they invited me over tonight for pizza and games. I decided it was a splendid idea, even though I've only gone over maybe a half dozen times since I moved out, even though it's less than 2 miles from where I live now. What can I say? There are lots of memories in that house! Memories of my dogs, my parents, love affairs, baseball seasons, BBQ's, remodeling & re-stuccoing fun, and of course, the most important memory of all? My daughter was conceived in that house. And she grew inside of my belly there. If I'd had my druthers, she'd even have been born there too. She spent the first year of her life there, and my dogs spent the last of theirs.

Many things have changed inside/outside since I sold it. There's a new gate to the backyard, and a new back door. The landscaping was re-done. There is A/C and central heat now. A different shower curtain, a different furniture color scheme/style. New carpet. A salt water swimming pool w/ a jacuzzi & waterfall. The paint colors are still as bold as I left them, my favorite still be the Chimayo Red walls in the living room. The custom made wall-unit is still there. The stove, the fridge, the fancy Pella windows w/ the blinds between the glass.

It's weird being there... but there was a shift tonight. Even though I have 8 years of memories in that little house, my life has been propelled forward in new and even wondrous ways. Despite my melancholy (and the infinite sadness) regarding events this past year since leaving the house to the care of my friends, I can honestly say I felt comfortable being there again.

It felt good.

Thanks Jackie & Bob for having me over tonight.

Tomorrow, I'm going w/ 11 women (yes, ELEVEN) to see "Sex & The City @ a theater in Huntington Beach. We range in age from 25 to 50+ which I think is pretty awesome! Afterward, we're all going to Kings Fish House for dinner and drinks to discuss the movie. Jackie has already seen it & she swore we won't be disappointed. That's all I want or need to know!

Have a good night all. Tonight is my last post for May. In 2 weeks, my little girl will be two years old. How weird (and cool) is that?

The end.

No comments: