Friday, December 22, 2006

Wasting my time...



Why do companies
insist on wasting my time? My resume clearly states my salary requirements! Yet, these companies call me in for interviews anyway, blow smoke up my arse about how great I am, how great they are, then spend an hour grilling me on why I think I'm a good match for this position -- then they drop the bomb and tell me they will only pay up to $__ an hour!! Are you kidding me? I could work at Starbucks for that much, with full bennies and a lot less BS. I have 15+ years of experience. I'm good at what I do. And I'm smart, so I can probably run circles around those that would be willing to accept such a piddly offer. You say you want qualified applicants with a college degree, years of experience, etc. but then you want to pay them crap wages. Buddy, I ain't that desperate. By the way... it's really lame to keep people waiting half of forever for a job interview YOU scheduled. If you're bad at managing your time, that's your problem, but I've got stuff I'd much rather be doing than twidling my thumbs in a business suit listening to the Security Guards talk smack about co-workers. Jerks.

No comments: