Sunday, June 29, 2008

Easy Like Sunday Afternoons...

It's quite a lovely day. Maybe 82 degrees, very pleasant. I've been up since 4am but I don't really mind. Well, that's not exactly true but I'm not letting it get to me either. I've had a shower so I'm squeaky clean & relaxed - by Cheryl Standards anyway. Baby girl is napping right now, but I'm going to go wake her in a few minutes b/c we're off to my best friends house for a BBQ soon. She throws AWESOME parties btw. I want to learn how to DO that, some day, when my house has furniture again. She swears entertaining is a skill I can learn. I'm not convinced, but I have hope that she will prove correct b/c I've been chucking all my parents stuff that I don't want & replacing slowly with things I do, all in anticipation of having real live people in this house on a regular basis; for coffee, drinks, dinner, swim parties... whatever. I'm just so ready to be the kind of mom that does that kind of thing b/c MY mom was that kind of mom. Went to my youngest niece's birthday party yesterday. I actually had a REALLY good time. Declan did too I think. Got to hang out at Jacki & Bob's house for a while last night too, just sat outside w/ our feet in the salt-water pool watching Dex throw the ball to Liebe the dog (she calls her Beeba). That house used to be mine, but it doesn't feel "weird" to be there anymore. Whew! I'm so glad...

All in all, a very enjoyable weekend. And it's only 2pm on Sunday. Nice!

No comments: