Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I got nothing today...

After another night of bad dreams (the kind that you wake up drenched in sweat from - yeah, I get those at least 3-4 times per week), this has just one of those days where I can't seem to find my bearings. I got nothing. Zilch. Nada. I'm just plain empty.

I can see the road stretching out ahead, but I have no idea where it's leading. I'm the kind of person that wants(NEEDS) to know where I'm going & how I'm gonna get there. But for whatever reason, the only answers I've been getting lately are to BE STILL, STOP RUNNING, LIVE YOUR LIFE (it's already here, right NOW).

Uh, okay. If you say so.

Meanwhile, I read the following quote on a twitter pals blog (@msh2006) & I really liked it. Given my dark cloudy mood today it also feels like really appropriate advice...

"Have fun! Enjoy life. Accept Change and allow change to be a positive force in your life. And also be willing to change away from the negative forces that “cloud” your life. Those clouds will come and go. Just like the clouds in the sky. They never stick around forever. So try to focus on the fact that the cloud is temporary, and merely offering shade from the summer heat, or rain for the flowers to grow. Clouds are necessary, but not permanent. Don’t focus on them."

I don't want to be lonely anymore. But on the days when intense loneliness does creep in, I can at least choose to think of it as merely a temporary cloud bank passing over... providing respite & shade or simply a much needed rain.

The End.

No comments: